Constructed in 1786, The Assembly Hall of the Cantonese Chinese Congregation (Hoi Quan Quang Dong) has a tall, airy entrance hall that opens onto a splendidly over-the-top mosaic statue of a dragon and a carp.
The main altar is dedicated to Quan Cong. The very pleasant garden behind has an even more incredible dragon statue.
The hall displays an awesome and colourful collection of traditional Chinese art; the humble entry is somewhat deceitful – the most colourful statues were placed in the Hall’s backyard. The Cantonese Assembly Hall Gate is located 200 feet from the Japanese Covered Bridge at 176 Tran Phu Street in Hoi An.