Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, Vietnam’s largest city has always been the center of wealth for Vietnam. Sitting on the Saigon River, this southern city is daily hustle and bustle. There is District 1, Cholon and floating restaurants sitting along the Saigon river.
Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City Attractions, Ho Chi Minh City Hotels, Ho Chi Minh City Nightlife, Ho Chi Minh City Restaurants,
Ho Chi Minh City Tours, Ho Chi Minh City Shopping
Interesting Facts about Ho Chi Minh City
- Saigon became a modern city under French rule.
- Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon was built from the 1860s, from imported French building materials.
- Ho Chi Minh City has the biggest number of migrant workers in the country.
- It was the capital of South Vietnam from 1954 to 1975.
- Saigon from 1887 to 1902 was capital of the Union of Indochina.
- It is Vietnam’s biggest city, with over 10 million people.
- More than 2.5 million tourists visit Ho Chi Minh City each year.
- Wedding photos with the church in the background, Saigon Notre Dame is a Popular Spot.
- Ho Chi Minh City Port is Vietnam’s most important economic center.
- Ho Chi Minh City is reminded of Paris with the French Colonial Architecture.
- A visit to Ho Chi Minh City is an encounter with exotic food.
- Around 2 million motorbikes enter Ho Chi Minh City every day.
Tallest Buildings in Ho Chi Minh City
- Bitexco Financial Tower 262 m
- Vietcombank Tower 206 m
- Saigon One Tower 195 m
- Saigon Centre 2 193 m
- Vinhomes Central Park Residential 12 184 m
- Vinhomes Central Park Residential 9 184 m
- Vinhomes Central Park Residential 13 180 m
- The Central 2 175 m
- The Landmark 1 175 m
- The Park 5 175 m
- Vinhomes Central Park Tower 3 175 m
- The Central 3 175 m
- Saigon Times Square 164 m
- Petroland Tower 155 m
- Dragon City 1 153 m
- Dragon City 2 153 m
- Pearl Plaza 152 m
- The Everrich 2 Block C 152 m
Top Sights in Ho Chi Minh City and around
- Binh Tay Market
- War Remnants Museum
- Cu Chi Tunnels
- Cao Dai Temple
- Bitexco Tower and Sky Deck
- Reunification Palace
- Central Post Office
- Mariamman Hindu Temple
- Notre Dame Cathedral
Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Visit the historical buildings with French architecture.
- Try karaoke.
- A daily excursion to visit Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple with full day.
- Walk in Bui Vien Walking Street the backpacker area of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Eat with locals.
- Try Vietnamese Coffee, the best in the world.
- Visit the War Remnants Museum, the most popular Vietnam War Museum.
- Walk in Dong Khoi Street, many stunning colonial buildings is located there such as the the Caravelle Hotel, the Opera House, the Central Post Office, Continental Hotel.
- Visit the Mekong Delta in a day trip from HCMC.
Distances in km to Ho Chi Minh City
- Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City 421 km
- Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City 1,476 km
- Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City 792 km
- Hue to Ho Chi Minh City 917 km
- Dalat to Ho Chi Minh City 289 km
- Mui Ne to Ho Chi Minh City 206 km
- Danang to Ho Chi Minh City 813 km
Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
- Cu Chi Tunnels Experience
- Saigon – Can Gio – Monkey Island
- Ho Chi Minh City Tour Full Day
- Saigon Walking Tour
- Dinner Cruise on Saigon River
- Cao Dai Temple – Cu Chi Tunnels
- Mekong Delta Discovery
- Long Tan – Nui Dat Battle Field