Sapa is former French hill station situated in the valleys near the Chinese border.
Its high elevation of 1,600m creates its cool climate inspired the French to build villa there as a summer retreat. Today, Sapa attracts visitors for its stunning scenery, comfortable climate, colorful markets, and a variety of ethnic hill tribes living in nearby villages.
Things to Do in Sapa
Sapa Attractions, Sapa Hotels, Sapa Nightlife, Sapa Restaurants, Sapa Tours
Facts about Sapa
- Fansipan is the highest peak in Vietnam, at 3,143 metres, also known as The Roof of Indochina.
- Sapa is one of the best trekking spot in Vietnam.
- The Fansipan Sa Pa system take tourists from the Muong Hoa Valley to the 3,143 meter peak of Fansipan Mountain, recognized as the world’s longest three-rope cable car route.
- Terraced rice fields in Sapa has been voted as world’s most beautiful rice terrace.
- Sapa is one of the places in Vietnam to see snow.
Distances in km to Sapa
- Ho Chi Minh City to Sapa 1,926 km
- Hanoi to Sapa 317 km
- Hoi An to Sapa 1,109 km
- Hue to Sapa 981 km
- Dalat to Sapa 1,724 km
- Mui Ne to Sapa 1,814 km
- Danang to Sapa 1,080 km