The Mekong Delta to the very south of Vietnam displays a rural life very different from the rest of the country. The Delta feeds much of Vietnam and produces enough surplus to make Vietnam the third largest rice exporter in the world. It is often referred to as the rice bowl of Vietnam as it produces three harvests per year.
Things to Do in Mekong Delta
Floating Markets in Mekong Delta
- Cai Rang Floating Market in Can Tho
- Cai Be Floating Market in Tien Giang
- Phung Hiep Floating Market in Hau Giang
- Long Xuyen Floating Market along the bank of Hau River
- Tra On Floating Market in Vinh Long